SEPTEMBER 2012

THE SPRING FEVER ISSUE

About a girl


I met her on a Saturday. She looked like a fairytale princess. I knew she was forbidden as something that beautiful can’t be kept.  I saw her on a few occasions thereafter but not much was said between us and I could only admire her from afar. Until that night…





I saw her again that night, but this time it was different. Again, she looked like a princess. She sat weeping on the steps, someone had broken her heart. Seeing her like that broke my heart as I could not bare seeing her in so much pain. I offered her a smile, a few kind words and a shoulder. She accepted and it felt as if time stood still as my heart slowly melted. I felt it. Something I hadn’t felt in years. I’m falling in love…



As time was passing, we became closer and our connection grew stronger. As did my fondness of her.  But I can’t tell her that. I’m scared, frightened as a child during a thunderstorm. I don’t want to lose her, I can’t.



We are now at a stage where we’re spending most of our free time together, cuddling on the couch, holding hands, laughing, sharing, falling asleep next to each other. And every moment spent with her takes my breath away. I can’t help but wonder what it would feel like having her lips on mine, our touch turning from affection into passion and feeling her heart beat against mine.



I can see it in my mind’s eye, I can feel it in my soul, but I will never experience it and I cannot let her go…

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this, though it a bit sad... a debatable question is wheter it good to let go or not...

    ReplyDelete