SEPTEMBER 2012

THE SPRING FEVER ISSUE

Do you get bullied at work?


Somedays it feels like all I am doing is wrong. I mean I do my work with pride and I do it well, yet it seems like it's never good enough.

So I took some time and listened when my co-workers told me something, soon I came to realize that:



1. When the boss compliments me for doing a job well done, they get upset because somehow they think I get treated better.

2. That most of the time I keep my mouth shut and let them walk over me, that's when I get blamed more easily for mistakes I did not make.

3. If customers prefer my service, that's also my fault because I am too nice with them.

4. I can be ten minutes early everyday for work but when I get there two minutes before I start to work I get told that I am late and should make sure that I am early.

5. When I get more pay because I had less deductions as my work was competent, then I am trying to be the boss's pet.



Now this is only a few of the problems. I am in sales and I get bullied a lot, not because I am gay but because I work harder. I am not complaining and now I wonder how many people do get bullied at work for different reasons?

For those who get bullied know that going to work is a downer. We know how it feels to watch our backs and try not to do our best. Just in case a co worker notice and start blaming you, cursing you and making a scene.

I am happy in my work but the people who bullies us do not know how they affect us. Specially when they bad mouth you to clients, or doing what ever they are doing.

For the ones who do get bullied don't back off, don't just resign because you can't handle it. Fear is a jail and the more it consumes your strength the stronger the bars get.

Courage is the only weapon against fear, it is also the only way to beat fear. Don't stop smiling and don't stop doing your job well. Even when you think that you do nothing right because at the end of the day you are at work to provide for yourself.

Face your problems head on and never stop believing in yourself, one day you will reap the rewards, get a higher position while your bullies are still two steps down on the ladder.

To the bullies be careful who's toes you step on today because when you fall from your pedestal it might be the person you stepped on who's behind you have to kiss.   


Sent in by anon to Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment