SEPTEMBER 2012

THE SPRING FEVER ISSUE
PROLOGUE

Caitlyn: ‘Amy what are you planning on doing with your life?’
Amy looks at Caitlyn in amazement, shakes her head and don’t know if she should get angry or not.
Caitlyn touches Amy’s arm and smile, in her heart she know her friend will make the right life choice.


The coffee bar called The Run Sack is almost empty, only a few people here and there. Both girls sat in the one corner of the counter. A woman sat two chairs from them wrapped up on her lap top.
Amy:” Cait I will get a job, save money go travel right now my friend I can’t see myself studying”
Caitlyn: ‘Amy just promise we will stay friends no matter what;’
They ordered their coffee and talked some more about their school years, about the future when Caitlyn look at Amy.
“So smartass where are you going to find a job”
Amy sighs: “I am sure I will find a job I have no idea where to start but I will find one”

The woman looks at Amy then smile she has not seen any young lady so beautiful as Amy, in her mind she wanted so badly to walk over to the two friends.
Caitlyn: “Amy you are frying your brains there thinking so hard you will get a job”
Amy:” and that’s why you are my best friend a fucking pain but a good friend.”
They giggled like they used to when they were nine or ten.


The woman paid her bill left a card at the counter and walked out, Jeff took the card read Amy’s name on it.
Jeff:”Amy I think this is meant for you” he hands her the card. Amy not really in the mood for weird people took the card shoved it into her back pocket paid their bill and motioned her friend to leave. On their way home not one of them spoke it was precious moments for them the silence in between all the madness made them realize how much they understood one another.

Outside Caitlyn’s home they talked more before saying goodbye. On the way home Amy was more then confused about the card then with the lady herself.
Lying on her bed she looks at the card flipping it upside down between her fingers.
It read miss I. Thatcher public library, yeah right what fucking ever Amy said out loud without intending too.

The rest of the evening went by so fast dinner with her parents was the same as usual the constant questions bout what she’s going to do with her life seem to start irritate her more and more.





CHAPTER 1

The phone rings….
Amy: “Richmond’s residence”
Caitlyn starts giggling then say you are going to for ever answer the phone like that aren’t you?”
Amy: “what’s up dude?”
Caitlyn:” so are you going to tell me about the card Dave gave you?”
Amy:” well it a business card of a library on the backside it reads I can help you find a job the woman must be whacked I can’t work in a library”
Caitlyn:” dude what other choice you have you know what your parents said”
Amy:” yeah listen I got to go catch you later”

Without saying goodbye they ended their call, Am hate the fact that everyone was on her case like that al the time.
On her way outside she screamed out loud for fuck sakes what the fuck is wrong with these fucking people.
Se is happy with the car her parents gave her but not with the price it came with complete freedom also the freedom of getting a job and to move out of her home.
She did not understood why her parents was so inconsiderate about her she was their only daughter how could they treat her that way?

The woman was yet again at the coffee bar more intrigued she went and sat next to her.
Dave was in front of her Amy immediately with her coffee he handed her the cup with a huge smile: gosh girl look at you what’s up you’re yeah never mind?”
Amy:” fuck off” she was laughing now.

Miss Thatcher “good day I am Ingrid” she holds her hand out to Amy
Amy “hey how are you?”
Ingrid “I am very good Amy and you?”
Amy “been better thank you”
Ingrid “did you get the Card I left you because I thought you are looking for a job and I desirably need someone to help me out”
Amy “I did thanks but I don’t know hey I am so not the library type sorry not to offend you I love reading I just don’t think stuffy books is my thing”

Ingrid was taken aback a bit by Amy’s respond maybe this beautiful creature was only a pretty face nothing more nothing less.

Ingrid “well in that case I do hope that you get what you need by the looks of it young lady it doesn’t seem t me that you have a crisis’





With that she stood up and left the coffee shop.
Dave “fuck Amy did you have to be so bitchy about it?”
He shook his head and turned he’s back on Amy; she also stood up and left knowing he will write her coffee up.

Amy felt foolish dialing the number twenty minutes later, the number did not ring too long before Ingrid answered.
Ingrid “miss Thatcher good evening”
Amy “ its me Amy I am sorry for being a jerk earlier and I will understand f you do not she to speak to me but I really need a job everyone I driving me insane”
Ingrid “Amy calm down please meet me at the girls high school in an hour it’s the one by the st Peters cathedral”


She hung up the phone in Amy’s ear not expecting the girl to show up for the appointment. In Amy’s head time almost stood still as she drove over to the school, her car picked up speed while music was flowing out of the speakers.
She turned left into Main Avenue and looked for a spot to park her car; Ingrid was standing outside waiting for the girl’s arrival.
Ingrid “good evening Amy I am so glad you made it” she said smiling





No comments:

Post a Comment