SEPTEMBER 2012

THE SPRING FEVER ISSUE

Jay Alan Shoots all the Things!




·         Tell us a bit about yourself:

Born and raised in JHB. I Moved to the Cape Town about 5 years ago. I love the Mother City. I’m in my 3rd and hopefully not final year of studying photography at the Ruth Prowse School of Art. I enjoy everything I do and realize I can accomplish anything when I set my mind to it. Photo shopping is my biggest hobby and I can get lost for days in front of my PC. J



·        Why did you decide to pursue a career in photography:

I believe that in everyday life we sometimes get too wrapped up in the reality we tie ourselves to, we forget to stop and take note of the smaller finer details. With photography we are able to capture all the beautiful things we see and hold onto a little piece of reality.



·        What do you enjoy most about being a photographer:  

It’s the best job in the world. I love everything about it. From pushing a button all day to working with models, landscapes, and cool lights in the studio – it’s all my little world revolves around. <3



·        What’s your favourite things to take pictures of:

 Everything!  I see beauty in everything so I don’t limit myself to anything specific. From model shoots, still life, wedding photography, events... If it’s out there I want to shoot it!




·        Who and what inspires you:

 I find inspiration everywhere. Annie Liebovitz is one of my biggest inspirational artists. Cape Town itself inspires me, apart from that I get a thrill from just going out shooting or sitting on Photoshop for days on end.



·        You’ve worked with Modern L on two occasions now, what was the experience like?

My experience with Modern L has been incredible! Looking forward to great work in the future with these amazing people.



·        Any special memories while working with Modern L?

Always positive, always inspiring. I love working with Jones and the crew J



·        How can fans and potential clients get hold of you?

Facebook: Jay Alan

Facebook Page: Jay Productions Inc.

Or drop me mail at: Jay160589@hotmail.com




·        What advice can you give to aspiring photographers:

Do what you are passionate about and your passion will find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment