SEPTEMBER 2012

THE SPRING FEVER ISSUE

Short story

We need to talk!
Riding with my girlfriend back to her place after a long day at work,
she tells me we need to talk... yeah like me everybody thinks uh-oh,
right? I mean, every time someone says “We need to talk” you know
something bad is gonna happen. So she drops that bomb on me...and
stops there. She doesn’t add anything else, I try to remain neutral
and admire the landscape (which means watching the rain falling and
flooding the roads).
Me: ‘Baby?’
Cat: ‘Yeah?’
Me: ‘We were supposed to talk. You said you wanted to talk.’
Cat: ‘Yeah I did, I still do’
Me: ‘Then why is your hand in my pants?’
Cat: ‘cus my hand is cold?’
Me: ‘And you decided that my pants where the best place to heat it up?’
Cat: ‘To keep you concentrated?’
Me: ‘Huh not really. Keep doing that and I will not be coherent much longer’
Cat: ‘To keep you all hot and horny?’
Me: ‘That’s working. But again, won’t help if you want to talk.’
Cat: ‘Talk later, I’m comfy.’
Me: ‘You do realise your flat is 2 minutes away and you are driving.’
Cat: ‘What are you trying to say?’
Me: ‘Keep your hand out of my pants till we’re at your place or you
will not get any hot loving tonight’… (Imagine having a car accident
and police getting us out of the car while her hand is still in my
pants…talk about embarrassing)
Cat grumbles and gives me a puppy face, but takes her hand away.
Cat: ‘Fine have it your way, but later tonight you’re mine’
Me: ‘Right...after the talk.’
Cat: Yeah after the talk, cus we really do need to talk.’
We arrive at the flat, both of us stripping (the 2 seconds we where
outside running from the car till the flat door we managed to get
soaked) and changing into warm comfy clothes. I go to the living room,
settle down on the couch and light a smoke, waiting for Cat to join me
so we can have “the talk”.
She finally joins me after a few minutes, with two cups of coffee.
Me: ‘So you wanted to talk?’ I asked her while sipping some coffee.
Cat: ‘Yeah...You know I like you right?’
I’m waiting, looking at her expecting her to add something to that.
When it became obvious she wasn’t gonna say something else, I just
said ‘Well yeah I know. I like you too, which is good otherwise this
relationship thingy wouldn’t really work…’
Cat: ‘So you’re okay with just liking each other?’
Me: ‘Babe, not all relationships have to be focused on love, we like
each other, we have fun, and the sex is great. That’s enough for me.
I’m not looking for the next big love story. What I want and need is
what I have now.
Cat: ‘So no strings, just fun.’
Me: ‘Exactly...how did this thing come up anyway? We’ve been seeing
each other for a few months now. Did I say something to make you
believe I want more?’
Cat: ‘No....’
Me: ‘Well, what brought this up then?’
Cat: ‘I talked to my mom and she asked if I was seeing someone. I told
her about you and she starts making me nervous with her questions, you
know, ~ is she the one? Where will this relationship lead to? ~ and
stuff like that.’
Me: ‘Do you want something more?’
Cat: ‘Oh no, I’m happy with how this is going. I’m not serious
relationship material.’
Me: ‘So we’re good?’
Cat: ‘Oh yeah we’re good!’
She came closer, and kissed me…then all hell broke loose…I love that
kind of hell.

Valandra Luna

No comments:

Post a Comment